Snow in Pike/Dubois counties | Weather
Our radio partner WITZ radio in Jasper reported light snow sticking to surfaces in Jasper down to Ferdinand. Today is going to feel like February 2nd...Groundhog day...instead of March 13th. Highs will reach the upper 30s...15 degrees below normal. Also, snow reported north of Petersburg.
Remember last March...15,000 record high temperatures broken across the U-S. The warmest March on record. Zero snow cover across Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois.
Consider this March...the first 10-days the average high is 46 degrees. Only 3-days have been above 50. The average high is 55 this time of year.
Conversely, the first 10-days in March, 2012 was over 59-degrees and the average high for the month was 71.2 degrees. Last March, 3 of the first 10-days we recorded highs in the 70s.
Instead of shorts and flops...the winter jacket is still needed.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Name of mother shot and killed in Princeton released
- Jason Perry faces murder charge in Princeton restaurant parking lot shooting
- Friend of Princeton shooting victim speaks to 14 News
- Living in Tornado Alley means underground shelters for local residents
- Hundreds of motorcycles set to rumble through the Tri-State