SR 61 closing near Spurgeon Oct. 16 | Transportation
The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) is announcing that State Road 61 (S.R. 61) will be closing near Spurgeon for a pipe replacement.
On Tuesday, October 16, crews will be closing S.R. 61 for the installation of a pipe under the roadway. The road will be closed from the junction of State Road 68 (S.R. 68) to the junction of State Road 64 (S.R. 64); however local traffic will have access to the point of closure, 5.65 miles south of S.R. 64.
Work will begin at approximately 7:00 a.m. local time and is scheduled to re-open to traffic by the end of that day, weather permitting.
The official detour will route traffic on S.R. 68, S.R. 57 and S.R. 64.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Child molestation suspect arrested in Arkansas; returned to Gibson County
- "She kept my son away from me for 13 years..."
- Name of mother shot and killed in Princeton released
- Jason Perry faces murder charge in Princeton restaurant parking lot shooting
- Friend of Princeton shooting victim speaks to 14 News