Traffic stoppages on SR 57 | Transportation
Traffic on State Road 57 (S.R. 57) in Pike County will be stopped at various points today and Tuesday.
Traffic will be stopped intermittently where Interstate 69 intersects with S.R. 57, approximately 4.0 miles north of S.R. 64 in Oakland City. Multiple stoppages will take place, none lasting more than 15 minutes between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. local time, each day.
Stopping traffic is required to allow bridge beams to be delivered and set for the new I-69 bridge over S.R. 57. All lanes will be stopped in each direction as beams are off-loaded from the trucks and sat on the piers. Local authorities will be on site to aid in traffic control. Inclement weather could postpone the stoppages.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning