Kelly Murphy resigns as Southridge football coach | Sports & Recreation
Southridge High School football coach Kelly Murphy has decided to resign. Citing the difficulty of managing his duties as a school administrator with the demands of coaching and raising a family, Murphy tendered his resignation to the school board this week.
Murphy, who has coached for 15 years overall and the last nine at Southridge, enjoyed significant success, compiling a 66-31 record in nine years as the Raiders' coach.
Murphy said he knew doing both jobs would be a tough task when he took on the role of assistant principal, but thought it might get easier as time went on. However, he told WITZ Radio it actually became more difficult and time consuming.
The search will begin immediately for a successor.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning