Ireland Elementary teacher named Leader in Education | Schools
Shannon Bauer of Ireland Elementary School was named a Peabody Energy Leader in Education for the 2012-13 school year, and awarded $1,000 for her compassion and commitment to students.
As a third grade teacher, Bauer believes that each and every student has great potential to learn and grow as an individual. She encourages her students to respect themselves and others and to always reach for the stars. Bauer spends long hours preparing for her students to create a challenging, yet exciting learning environment. She developed the Paragraph of the Week program to improve students’ writing skills and to help them prepare for state testing. She is also active in the school community and serves as the Spell Bowl director and the High Ability coordinator.
The Peabody Energy Leaders in Education program rewards dedicated education professionals—from teachers and coaches to librarians and counselors—who inspire and motivate youth to succeed. Award recipients are selected throughout the school year by a committee of top educators and business leaders.
“Outstanding educators like Shannon Bauer are the heroes who help students find their true potential to succeed,” said Greg Boyce, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Peabody Energy. “We are pleased to honor Shannon as a Peabody Energy Leader in Education, and we thank her for working diligently to transform the lives of her students.”
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning