Man spends next 15 years in prison | News
PIKE CO, IN (WFIE)- A Pike County man was sentenced to 15 years in prison for unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon.
37-year-old Michael Woodland's charges stem from the police action shooting back in July of 2012.
Police were called to a domestic disturbance on Trafzer Street in Petersburg.
When they got there, police say Woodland came out of the house carrying a gun and when he pointed it at an officer, the officer shot Woodland.
He was taken to the hospital, when he was released, he was sent to jail.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rain halted district baseball game to resume today
- KY magazine partners with celebrated O'boro artist to create issue cover
- Public Meeting on KY 144 reconstruction in Daviess County scheduled for Thursday
- Owensboro artist's work on cover of Kentucky Monthly
- Seven Hills neighborhood hosting annual Yard Sale Fiesta next month