Six accused of abusing resident in Jasper nursing home | News
DUBOIS CO, IN (WFIE)-
Six people are accused of abusing a resident at a Jasper nursing home.
Indiana State Police say the Attorney General's Office received a complaint about the possible abuse, and an investigation lead the to arrest six employees from Providence Home Health Care Center.
Blaine Ballard, Wendy Sutherlin and Casey Hill are all facing felony battery and neglect charges.
Providence Home Health Care Center officials say they were deeply shocked by the allegations and those involved in the abuse were fired.
Tonya Sanders is also facing felony charges. Katrina Patterson and Sheryl Rockett were charges with failure to report battery or neglect.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rain halted district baseball game to resume today
- KY magazine partners with celebrated O'boro artist to create issue cover
- Public Meeting on KY 144 reconstruction in Daviess County scheduled for Thursday
- Owensboro artist's work on cover of Kentucky Monthly
- Seven Hills neighborhood hosting annual Yard Sale Fiesta next month