Wanted: K-9 for the force | News
In Dubois County, Jasper Police are trying to get a new K-9 cop for the force.
Sheriff Donny Lampert says through donations, they now have enough money to buy and train a dog, but still needing donations to buy and install a 'kennel system'.
Lampert says one deputy is going through narcotics training right now, and they'd like him to have a K-9 partner.
"That narcotics officer will be a separate officer under our detective division," says Sheriff Lampert.
"And that's what they will do. And you add a dog to someone who's got the time, the know-how, the ability to do it... It's just going to be phenomenal"
To make a donation, call the Dubois County Sheriff's Office.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning