SUV collides with street sweeper in Jasper | News
A streetsweeping vehicle was struck by an SUV in Jasper Thursday morning.
Police say the sweeper, driven by Dennis Kern of Jasper was heading southbound on US 231 near 32nd Street around 11 a.m. when the vehicle was struck in the rear by a Jeep Grand Cherokee driven by 75-year-old Carmon Haase of Jasper.
Kern suffered back pain and Haase complained of knee pain. Haase, who lives nearby, was cited for following too closely. His vehicle was deemed a total loss while the sweeper received $2,000 in damages.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning