Name released of person killed in fatal Pike Co. wreck | News
PIKE CO, IN (WFIE)- Tuesday morning, around 8:30 a.m., Indiana State Police and Pike County Sheriff's Department responded to a three-vehicle crash at S.R. 64 and S.R. 257 that killed a 54-year-old Velpen man.
Officials say the preliminary investigation revealed Joan Pritt, 77, of Velpen, was driving her 2006 Toyota Matrix northbound on S.R. 257 when she disregarded the stop sign at S.R. 64.
Her vehicle entered the intersection and collided into a 2006 Freightliner tractor-trailer that was traveling eastbound on SR 64. Upon impact, the trailer was pushed left of center and into the path of a westbound 2003 Ford Mustang.
Authorities say the driver of the Mustang, Jerry Alvey, 54, of Velpen, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Pritt was air-lifted to Deaconess Hospital in Evansville where she is currently being treated for serious injuries.
The truck driver, Leonard Gogel, 48, of Birdseye, was not injured.
The investigation is continuing.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning