Two suffer serious injuries when car overturns in water | News
DUBOIS CO, IN (WFIE)- Two people were taken to the hospital after their vehicle ran off the road, rolled, and came to a rest upside down in water around 6:30 p.m. in Dubois County.
The Dubois County Sheriff's Department says that driver, 44-year-old Anthony W. Bonifer, and passenger, Ryan J. Utterback, were traveling north on SR 145 South, just south of the Birdseye Loop, when their vehicle went off the road, struck a guardrail, crossed back over the other side of the road, overturned, and came to a rest in water leaving them entrapped.
Officials arrived and cut them from the vehicle.
Both were taken to Memorial Hospital with serious injuries. Utterback was then airlifted to St. Mary's in Evansville.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Child molestation suspect arrested in Arkansas; returned to Gibson County
- "She kept my son away from me for 13 years..."
- Name of mother shot and killed in Princeton released
- Jason Perry faces murder charge in Princeton restaurant parking lot shooting
- Friend of Princeton shooting victim speaks to 14 News