Huntingburg man hurt fighting fire at home | News
A Huntingburg man was burned and his home damaged by fire Thursday morning.
Volunteer firefighters tell our media partner, WITZ, that the fire started in the bathroom of Daniel Blessinger’s home on East 17th Street and spread to the bedroom.
The fire was out by the time fire crews arrived on scene but Blessinger was taken by ambulance to Memorial Hospital for treatment of burns suffered while he was trying to extinguish the flames.
A minimal amount of damage was done to the home.
Huntingburg Assistant Fire Chief Glen Kissling tells WITZ that the fire began because of flammable materials were too close to an oxygen source.
A total of two trucks and 15 firefighters were called out and spent about 30 minutes on scene.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local veterans interviewed for documentary
- It's National EMS Week, with a heavy reminder of how needed they are
- Rain halted district baseball game to resume today
- KY magazine partners with celebrated O'boro artist to create issue cover
- Public Meeting on KY 144 reconstruction in Daviess County scheduled for Thursday