New look Jasper Library to re-open Wednesday | News
The Jasper Library’s main branch will re-open Wednesday morning.
Library Director Rita Douthitt tells our media partner, WITZ Radio, that library patrons will see all new shelving, and some new furniture when the doors open at 9 a.m. Offices have been moved across the street into the Gramelspacher building to give the library some more space.
Douthitt says that it has taken them longer than expected to put the library back together after the new shelves were installed.
The Jasper Library has been closed since Thanksgiving because of the renovations. The library board authorized the spending of about $150,000.00 to alleviate space problems and organize the library better until a permanent solution for a new library is found and adopted.
An open house for the new-look library will be held on Sunday, January 27.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning