Haubstadt man killed in Pike County wreck | News
The death of a 21-year-old Haubstadt man in a vehicle accident early Sunday morning is under investigation by the sheriff’s office.
The accident happened around 3:20 a.m. on SR 57, just south of CR 50 South.
Deputies say a vehicle driven by Kyler Ramp, 20, also of Haubstadt, went off the road and down an embankment before striking a tree.
The vehicle was fully engulfed in flames when deputies arrived. Deputies say Thomas L. Sobotka died at the scene.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning