Rural Dubois County post offices see hours reduced | News
The U.S. Postal Service has announced new hours for some Dubois County post offices beginning next year.
According to the Louisville office, the Holland Post Office will be open on a split shift of sorts: M-F from 8:00 to 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 to 4:00 p.m.
The Celestine Post Office will be open 12:15 to 4:15 p.m.
Branches in Dubois and Holland will each be open from noon until 4 p.m.
The new hours will take affect February 9.
They are four of over 13,000 rural post offices nationwide that will have operating hours cut back in an effort to keep them open as the USPS faces mounting financial losses.
First announced in May, the strategy for low-activity Post Offices in rural areas will match hours of operation with customer use and is expected to save USPS up to $500 million upon completion.
Related Story: Two Gibson County post offices will have reduced hours
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- New picnic tables coming to 4-H Center as part of Sears promotion
- Gibson Co. accident claims life of young girl, injures family
- Officials release name of 11-year-old killed in I-64 accident
- Roads back opened after an accident causes a gas leak in Gibson County
- Accident/gas leak shuts down Gibson Co. road