Wreck snarls traffic on US 231 near Jasper | News
A two vehicle crash Tuesday afternoon shut down US 231 just south of Jasper.
Indiana State Police say it happened about 1:30 p.m. Troopers say Eric G. Williams, 38, Rhineland, MO had been traveling south on US 231 just south of SR 162, when he pulled his white, 2011 Chevrolet Silverado and flatbed trailer off onto the shoulder in order to wait for other vehicles he was traveling with. As the other vehicles caught up with him he began to turn his vehicle east across US 231 onto a gravel road. As he began this turn he failed to see a gray, 1990 Ford Tempo, driven by Jennifer L. West, 56, St. Meinrad traveling south on US 231. West’s Ford ran into the side of Rhineland’s vehicle.
Neither driver was injured however a front seat passenger in West’s vehicle complained of pain but refused medical treatment.
Both vehicles received significant disabling damage and had to be towed from the scene.
Rhineland was cited for making an unsafe lane movement.
North and southbound lanes of 231 were closed for approximately 30 minutes while emergency crews cleaned up the scene.
Want more news from Dubois and Pike County? Bookmark the home page: http://dubois-pikecounty.14wfie.com/ and like our Dubois-Pike Co. Facebook page.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning