Dubois County man hurt in 4-wheeler wreck | News
Indiana Conservation Officers are investigating an ATV accident Sunday night in the town of Cuzco in Dubois County.
At about 8:30 P.M., EST, the Dubois County Communication Center received the 911 call on the accident. According to investigators, Wayne Cummins, 53, from Cuzco, was riding a 4-wheeler, going west on the Cuzco Road-North when he tried to turn right turn at the Main Street intersection. The 4-wheeler rolled onto its left side ejecting Cummins from the vehicle causing him to strike the pavement and receive a serious head injury.
The Dubois County Sheriff’s Office, Indiana State Police, Jasper Memorial Ambulance, and Indiana Conservation Officers responded to the scene.
Cummins was transported by ambulance to the nearby Life Flight landing zone where he was then flown to St. Mary’s Hospital in Evansville for treatment. He remains at St. Mary’s at this time and is listed in fair condition.
Cummins was not wearing a helmet. Alcohol may have been a factor in the accident, which is still under investigation.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning