Ireland, Dubois asking residents to conserve water | News
Ireland is running low on water, according to Ken Schnaus, Secretary of the Board of Directors for Ireland Water Utilities.
He told our media partner, WITZ radio that the additional watering of lawns and gardens over the past few weeks because of our lack of rain has put a severe crimp in the town’s water supply.
The utility is asking for voluntary conservation of water until further notice. However, if it gets worse, more drastic measures may be necessary. Ireland wants to make sure they have enough water to fight any fires that may break out.
Dubois Water Utilities has also issued a voluntary conservation request for all water customers.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning