Birdseye library branch will open Tuesday | News
The new Birdseye Branch of the Dubois County Contractual Library is set to open on Tuesday, bringing wireless internet along with traditional library materials to residents of the community.
Plans for the library have been in the making for about a year after town officials asked the library board about the possibility.
Birdseye is in a relatively remote part of southern Indiana and the new branch will offer something that residents have been waiting for: wireless internet access.
High speed access will be available on several computers and WiFi is also hooked up in the building for those with laptops or handheld devices. Use of the service is free.
The facility is located in the old town hall and is scheduled to be open from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays but could expand depending on demand.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning