Women's health event in Dubois Co. Saturday | Health
A special morning devoted to women’s health is planned for Saturday, January 12 from 9:00 until 11:30 a.m. at the Huntingburg Event Center. Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center’s “Women of the Heartland” will feature presentations by Dr. Adam Dawkins, Dr. Kris Gunn, and Dr. Kristi Nord.
Dr. Dawkins, cardiologist, will present “What Every Woman Can Do to Prevent Heart Disease.” He received his medical degree at Indiana University School of Medicine, and completed a residency in internal medicine at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis where he also completed a fellowship in cardiology.
Dr. Gunn, urologist, will share "New Perspectives on Female Incontinence." He received his medical degree at Indiana University School of Medicine, and completed a residency in urology at Washington University Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri. He also completed a research fellowship at University of North Carolina School of Medicine’s Division of Urologic Surgery in Chapel Hill.
Dr. Nord, neurologist, will discuss "Dementia: Ways to Reduce Your Risk." She received her medical degree from Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, and completed a residency in neurology at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. Dr. Nord has additional training in electromyography and participated in the Consortium of MS Centers "Master MS" Fellowship Program.
Pre-registration for this event is required and may be completed by clicking on "Classes & Events," or by calling Memorial Hospital’s Community Relations department at 812/996-2352. Women who pre-register by January 7th will receive a gift certificate for free blood screening including total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides, and blood glucose at Memorial Hospital’s Outpatient Lab.
In lieu of an admission fee, donations will be accepted for the Integrative Medicine program at the Phillip R. Dawkins Heart & Vascular Center at Memorial Hospital. Light refreshments will be served. The Huntingburg Event Center is located at 110 East 14th Street in Huntingburg. For more information about "Women of the Heartland," please call Rita Howell, Memorial Hospital’s Director of Community Relations, at 812/996-2323.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mother shot and killed in Princeton restaurant parking lot
- Living in Tornado Alley means underground shelters for local residents
- Hundreds of motorcycles set to rumble through the Tri-State
- Fort Branch Community Festival set for next month
- Gibson County Health Dept. tackling unlicensed home baking shops
- Rain halted district baseball game to resume today
- KY magazine partners with celebrated O'boro artist to create issue cover
- Public Meeting on KY 144 reconstruction in Daviess County scheduled for Thursday
- Owensboro artist's work on cover of Kentucky Monthly
- Seven Hills neighborhood hosting annual Yard Sale Fiesta next month