Need help fitting exercise into your day? Hospital program can help | Health
The benefits of exercise go far beyond a better-fitting pair of jeans. A well-rounded exercise regimen can aid in the prevention and treatment of a number of ailments, including high blood pressure and Type 2 diabetes, and is beneficial to your overall health and well-being. Throughout the year, you are encouraged to talk to your physician about what exercise can do to improve your overall health or combat a specific problem.
Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center offers "Fit It In," a program aimed at helping you establish a beneficial exercise routine.
"Fit It In" will be held from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Mondays between September 24 and November 12, in the Wellness Center at Memorial Southside Office, 1100 West 12th Avenue in Jasper.
Instructor Jill Memmer, a certified American College of Sport’s Medicine Health Fitness Specialist, will teach participants aerobic, strength, and flexibility exercises. The first and last sessions of the program include a personal fitness assessment to test your flexibility, strength, endurance, and measure your body fat.
The cost of the program is $60; class size is limited. For more details and to register, please visit the hospital’s website at www.mhhcc.org and click on "Classes & Events" or call the Community Relations department at 812/996-2399 or toll-free at 800-852-7279, ext. 2399.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning