Jasper Police arrest man for identity deception | Crime
Jasper Police say they arrested a man for attempting to obtain credit cards in the names of other people in his apartment complex.
Police say they investigated a complaint late last month in which a victim reported someone was attempting to use their personal information to acquire credit cards.
Police searched the Village Court address of 35-year-old Paul Burrows and located the victim's information.
Officers say Burrows admitted to taking mail from the mailbox area of the apartment complex and using it in an effort to obtain the cards. He was charged with identity deception and receiving stolen property.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Name of mother shot and killed in Princeton released
- Jason Perry faces murder charge in Princeton restaurant parking lot shooting
- Friend of Princeton shooting victim speaks to 14 News
- Living in Tornado Alley means underground shelters for local residents
- Hundreds of motorcycles set to rumble through the Tri-State