Update: Jasper Police hunt for clues in five burglary cases | Crime
There have now been five burglaries in Jasper and police believe they’ve all been committed by the same person.
Denny's Auto on Third Avenue was the first business to be broken into. That happened early this week. Then, Paul’s Custom Service on Wernsing Road, R & P Auto and Truck Repair on McKinley Road and Grand Rental Station on MacAuthur Street all became victims.
Those break-ins happened after hours Tuesday and resulted in the loss of cash and merchandise.
The fifth burglary happened after the close of business Wednesday at Schmidt Contracting on Maurice Street. Jasper Police Detective Rick Chambers says police and sheriff's deputies have increased overnight patrols.
Police say residents should take precautions, especially in the overnight hours.
A $1,000 reward is being offered by the Community Strike Force Against Crime for any information that leads to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for these burglaries. If you believe you have information relative to this or the other three cases, you can call the Jasper Police Department at 482-2255 or you can call the anonymous tip line at 481-COPS.
Be sure to 'Like' our Dubois-Pike Co. Facebook page.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning