Deer shot in Jasper; reward offered | Crime
Indiana Conservation Officers are offering a reward for information leading to the arrest of whomever is responsible for shooting two deer, then leaving them to wander around the Riverwalk area and die.
Jasper Police were called about 11:15 Wednesday morning by passersby using the Riverwalk. With the assistance from conservation officers, authorities determined the two deer were hit with arrows in the area of 13th and Franklin Streets and ran to the wooded area of the Riverwalk where they died.
It's believed one deer was shot three to four days ago and the second sometime between Tuesday morning and Wednesday morning.
Anyone with information is asked to call Jasper Police at (812)482-2255, the anonymous tip line at (812)481-2677 or the Indiana DNR Tip Line at 1-800-T-I-P-I-D-N-R.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Gibson Co. officials approve economic development along I-69
- Princeton company gets medical, sfety contract for Colorado pipeline project
- Everything you need to know about Haubstadt Sommerfest 2013
- New picnic tables coming to 4-H Center as part of Sears promotion
- County seeks legal opinion on road's status