8-year-old goes to work on sign project | Community Spirit
There’s a young girl in Ferdinand who is showing some community initiative.
The town was recently contacted by second grade student Kasady Anderson about adding welcome signs on the north and south sides of the town. According to Kasaddy’s mom, she pointed out the fact that Ferdinand lacked signs that actually said “Welcome to Ferdinand.”
The two drove out to check out the existing signs to verify and afterwards contacted the city about the issue.
On Tuesday night the Town Council set up the committee to oversee the design of the new signs and Kasady has been named co-chaiman.
Steczyk stated his first step is to speak with the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) about specifications for the signs and then they will begin plans for a design contest.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Gibson Co. officials approve economic development along I-69
- Princeton company gets medical, sfety contract for Colorado pipeline project
- Everything you need to know about Haubstadt Sommerfest 2013
- New picnic tables coming to 4-H Center as part of Sears promotion
- County seeks legal opinion on road's status