Crazy Cardboard Boat Regatta coming to Patoka Saturday | Community Spirit
It's generating a Dubois County buzz. The first ever Holy Family School Cardboard Boat Regatta will challenge the creativity of lake-loving residents this Saturday, August 13 on Patoka River.
For a $25 entry fee (before race day), competitors will design and create a human-powered floating vessel of corrugated cardboard using engineering genius and artistic flair that can compete in multiple races and finish with is crew still afloat.
Awards will be handed out for best corporate entry, general entry, most spectacular sinking, engineering spectacle, best theme (boat and crew), artistic masterpiece, spirit award and best dressed crew.
Cash prizes will be given for non-corporate award winners.
The competition will launch along the Riverwalk by the Dave Buehler Plaza. Registration is $35 the day of the race.
Half of the proceeds will be given to the St. Jude Children's Hospital. Rain date is August 20.
For more information, check out the Facebook page where you'll see some of the crafts being made and learn a little more about what should be a wacky event.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning