Sidal, Inc. selling Rally’s franchises to Checker's | Business
Jasper-based Sidal, Inc. has agreed to sell Rally’s franchise operations to Checker’s Drive-In Restaurant, Inc.
The Rally's restaurants in the Tri-State that were part of the sale include the Jasper, Vincennes and Terre Haute locations. It's believed that at least for now, the restaurants will still carry the Rally's name.
Other restaurant operations sold by Sidal as part of the deal include:
East Chicago (5 stores)
Fort Wayne (7 stores)
South Bend (2 stores)
Springfield, IL (1 store)
"The sale of the Rally’s franchise operations was a decision that will provide business opportunities for both organizations,” stated Al Ruckriegel, owner/operator of Sidal, Inc. “Our Company’s solid foundation of restaurant experience provides strong roots for future expansion and development.”
Sidal, Inc. was founded in 1987, by brothers Sid and Al Ruckriegel, with the opening of their first Rally’s Hamburger franchise in Terre Haute. The success of this initial venture served as the cornerstone for their stores today throughout the state of Indiana and Northeastern & Central Illinois. Sidal, Inc. continues their business operations of twenty-five Papa John restaurants and twenty real estate properties, leased to Checker’s Drive-In Restaurant Inc.
Checker’s Drive-In Restaurants, Inc. is the largest double drive-thru restaurant chain in the United States and serves more than two million hamburgers a week. Checker’s currently operates about 770 restaurant locations, more than 300 of which are company owned. Visit Checker’s Drive-in Restaurant at www.checkers.com.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning