Meyer Distributing to hold groundbreaking Friday | Business
Meyer Distributing, Inc., an automotive specialty products marketing and distribution provider, recently announced plans to expand its headquarters in Jasper, IN - creating up to 109 new jobs by the end of 2016.
A Ground-breaking Event is being coordinated by the Jasper Chamber of Commerce and the City of Jasper on Friday, November 16th at 8:30 a.m. (Eastern Time) – on the west side of Cathy Lane – in the old GT Industries parking lot where the current construction is taking place. Jasper Mayor Terry Seitz and Meyer Distributing Company President & Owner Mike Braun will facilitate the event, followed by a “shovel ceremony” involving company representatives.
The homegrown Hoosier company plans to invest $23.37 million to centralize and expand its operations and warehouse space in Jasper to support its national distribution network. As part of the project, Meyer Distributing will grow its presence to six buildings bringing its total footprint in Jasper to more than 500,000 square feet. Construction on a connecting corridor and renovations on the additional buildings are expected to be completed over the next few years.
Meyer Distributing, which provides wholesale aftermarket parts for various sectors of the automotive industry, currently employs more than 195 full-time Hoosiers at its three Indiana locations in Jasper, Indianapolis and Elkhart. The company will immediately begin hiring new associates in Jasper across the company, including distribution, warehouse, drivers, logistics, administration and marketing.
The company began in Haysville, Ind. more than 80 years ago and was bought by Mike Braun in stages from the late 80’s through 1992 . Meyer Distributing has since grown 18 percent each year and today has 31 locations serving more than 10,000 customers in 50 states, 40 states direct. Meyer Distributing was recently awarded the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) WD of the Year Award for excellence in automobile parts distribution and is currently in the running to receive the award again this year.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning