Paoli Peaks is now officially closed for the 2012/2013 season |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
St. Patrick's Day ski weekend canceled due to warm weather.
Paoli Peaks was really excited about the potential to stay open until March 17, most years the ski area is closed by mid March. According to the ski area, they have plenty of snow to open the slopes for 2 final days of skiing and snowboarding, but it's just too warm.
Paoli Peaks' season lasted a total of 78 days, operating a total of 75 days. This was considered a great year after the mild winter last year.
Top Dubois-Pike County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning